Monday, June 6, 2011

Baby Love: 16 Weeks

Pregnancy Highlights:

Due Date:  11/18/11
Gestational Age:  16 3/7 wks

Here's a picture of our not-so cooperative little man - he wouldn't get out of this position:

Size of baby:  size of an avocodo- weighed 6 ounces today
Morning sickness: Thankfully I am feeling so much better!!!  I still have nausea occasionally, but overall I feel 95% better. 
 Total weight gain/loss:  I have actually gained a pound, but am still down 10 pounds.   Unfortunately, Brian is still down about 5 or 6 pounds.  
Maternity Clothes:  Not yet.  Most of my clothes are baggy in butt and legs, but tighter in the belly.  My belly bump is definitely growing.   
Gender:  Boy!
Highlight of week:  Brian and I went on a date Friday night.  We had such a great time.  We've not been on a date in about 3 months because I have been so sick.  We had a gift card for Carrabba's and was delicious.  My stomach has shrunk from 10 weeks of eating very little, so I was only able to eat a few bites, but the bites I did have were so good. 
Lowlight of week:  ??Hmm...can't really think of anything. 
Today I had an anatomy ultrasound.  I'm finally starting to believe that we're going to have a baby.  I've really been praying for the little man.  We truly feel that he is a gift from God and we want to do everything possible to show him God's love for him.  We want to not only teach him about Christ, but also live our lives as a disciple of Christ.

I have bought the book Baby Wise to help get our baby on a eat, play, sleep schedule.  --What other books do we need?  It's so overwhelming.   The Baby Whisperer??   Bringing Up Boys by Dr. James Dobson??  The Father Connection??  Grace Based Parenting??  The Mission of Motherhood??  Revolutionary Parenting??
--- Please let me know what books you all have read and what you would recommend.  Thanks!!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVED The Baby Whisperer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your baby boy! I am due 11/15 and also expecting a boy! They seem to be the going gender for all of us blogger Mommas! I hope your sickness eases up soon for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! How neat that you are from KY too! We live in the South Central! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! Many Blessings!