Thursday, June 23, 2011

Houston Wedding Getaway -Day 3 - Saturday

The Big Day!!  The wedding didn't start until 7 pm, so we had all day to hang around and kill time.  At 4:30 pm Brian and I went up to the bridal suite with Chris and hung out until the limo picked us up at 5:30.
The two guys looking sharp
This picture cracks me up -Brian's shoulders look gigantic, which makes his head look small
Limo ride to the church
I loved the bridesmaid dresses and the colors - my camera didn't do them justice -Brittney's sister is on the right and could not be any sweeter.  The girl on the far left has the exact same due date as me, so it was fun to chat with her. 
Brian, Brittney, Chris and Kristen
The Happy Couple --I Loved Brittney's dress- she looked so pretty
Michael and Melissa
Dick and Mary
I have had this dress for years and years and thankfully it hides a lot - my baby bump was missing.  It looks like bird poop on Brian's arm, but it was actually wax.  Chris spilled wax everywhere trying to light the unity candle, and so for pictures the two guys traded jackets - it's nice to have a twin around.
Delicious cake - lemon layer, amaretto layer, chocolate layer, and vanilla layer 

Chris' groom cookie cake - nice shout out to the Colts
The groom and his men

We had such a fun night!  We lasted until 12:55 am -the party wrapped up at 1 am -which, by the way, is 2 am eastern time (I haven't stayed up that late in a long time, not even at New Year's).   It took me two days to recover.  I have to say that Brittney's entire family (from her mom and dad and sister to aunts and uncles and cousins) was so...nice.  I don't know if I've ever been around such a big group of friendly, loving, welcoming people.  We stayed in Houston until Tuesday.  Sunday and Monday we hung out at the pool all day, read a lot, napped, and went to dinner in the evenings.  It was perfect!!  I didn't take any pictures after Saturday.  We had such a great getaway.  Brian went back to work on Wednesday, but  I took the whole week off.  I'd like to say I'm getting organized for the baby, but really, I'm not doing anything but enjoying some much needed time off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message! Many Blessings!