Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July

Happy 4th of July!  It's one of my favorite holidays.  I'm so thankful to be living in this great country.  We were able to spend the last four days in Indiana and had the best time.  We stayed at my parent's house and got to spend a lot of time with them, spent time with my brother and his girlfriend, got to see my sweet friend Sheri and her two kids, got to see my California friends Jen and Shane and meet their new beautiful baby girl Nakoa, got to see my DC friend Jesy, met Brian's parents for lunch, went to a bonfire Friday night, sat on a porch and watched an amazing storm roll in, went to a cookout at my aunt's house and got to see lots of family members.  We had a packed four days!   Why did I only get a few pictures this past weekend? 
 Mary holding sweet baby Nakoa
Storm starting to roll in
A few minutes later - notice the lightning bolt
Brian found this snake in our yard today
Completely freaked me out!!!  I usually don't want things to die, but I really wanted him to kill this snake.  Instead, he just shooed it off our retaining wall towards the woods.   He assured me it was not poisonous, but I'm not fully convinced.

Hope everyone has had a great holiday!!  Thank you to everyone who has served and is serving in our military!

1 comment:

  1. That storm cloud does look nasty, as well as the snake! haha. He doesn't look poisonous to me either but he is huge! I would wanted to kill it as well. Hope you have had an amazing 4th!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! Many Blessings!