Monday, June 20, 2011

Houston Wedding Getaway - Day 1-Thursday

We headed to Houston Thursday for Chris and Brittney's wedding.  We wanted to arrive a little early so we could hang out with them.  We arrived at noon on Thursday -thankfully we had an easy flight, because we usually have issues.  We drove straight to our hotel and met up with Chris and Brittney, Melissa and Michael, and Doug.  We went to a delicious restaurant named Texadelphia and had the best Steak and Cheese Subs.  I wish I had taken a picture of the sandwiches --They Were So...Good!!
The Omni Hotel - we had a great room and great view
Our view
After lunch Melissa and I hung out at the pool for 3 hours and the guys got together for a mini bachelor party.  

We wanted to eat at all local places, but ended up at The Cheesecake Factory for dinner, which was fine - it was also really good.  Brian and I were full, so we brought our cheesecake back to our room.  My sweet-toothed husband got to the dessert before I had a chance to get a picture.  We got the chocolate mousse cheesecake - yum!  The picture doesn't do it justice- it looks like mashed potatoes.
 Melissa and Michael at dinner - thankfully Melissa and I brought sweaters to wear because we were freezing in the restaurant, even though it was still 90 degrees outside at 10 pm.
Great day 1!!  We got back to our hotel at 10 pm and quickly got ready for bed and crashed hard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message! Many Blessings!