Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011

2011 has been an amazing year for Brian and me.  

 In January, I was able to re-connect with some high school friends.  Somehow they stumbled upon my blog and it's been great catching up with them.  Also, I posted that life was really good.  Brian and I both felt that 2011 was going to be a big year for us and we were both excited to see what God was going to do.

In February, I started documenting 1000 gifts/blessings.  Somehow, at some point I stopped doing that.   I am going to re-start that again this year.  It's always so good to stop and think about all the blessings in your life.  I need it now more than ever when I'm exhausted and life seems so hard.

In March, we found out we were pregnant and ecstatic!  It took me a long time to realize it was true.  Also, we had a visit from some of our Indiana friends - Brad and Sheri and Josh and Julie Julie.  We love them so much!

In April, we announced we were pregnant.  I can't even begin to thank everyone for all the prayers they have prayed for us.  

In May, I turned the big 3-0 and Brian and my parents threw me a surprise birthday party.  We also went camping with some of our Indiana friends.

In June, we spent a week in Houston to celebrate my brother-in-law Chris' wedding. We had the best time!  

In July, we spent the 4th of July in Indiana and re-connected with some California friends.  I love summer!

In August, we welcomed our first niece - Jasmine.  She is so precious!  Such a happy baby.  We also decided on the name Hudson.  Also, I started getting a little more involved on face book and have enjoyed rekindling some friendships. 

In September, we celebrated Brian turning the big 3-5 by meeting our some of our friends and spending the weekend camping.  I also had multiple baby showers.  I felt so loved at all of the showers.

In October, our dear friends Josh and Julie adopted a precious baby girl - Kaitlyn.  What an awesome answer to prayer.  Our sweet Compassi0n girl turned 10.  I had two more showers.

In November God blessed us tremendously with the birth of our son Hudson.  We have prayed and longed for a child for so long.  We can never thank God enough for our precious little boy.  Our parents were able to come down here for about a week.  It was so...good seeing them and having them here.  We had the best Thanksgiving.

In December, we celebrated 5 years of marriage.  I love my husband so much -every year just keeps getting better.  We were also able to travel to Indiana for a week and spend time at both our parent's houses.  I will try and blog about that later.  Christmas was extra special this year - even if we were/are exhausted. 

I had to post a picture of this little sweetie
  

I love having a blog/journal so that I can look back and remember everything.  

God is good and He does answer prayers!  We're so excited to see what God has in store for us for 2012.

2 comments:

  1. Aw, what a year! Thanks for sharing. I'm so glad we got to be a part of your year! Love you, dear.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! Many Blessings!