Monday, March 12, 2012

Can You Believe It?

Can you believe that this sweet little face was up at 10 pm, 11 pm, midnight, 2 am, and 4 am? 
Little stinker!  This face says, "Are you talking about me?"

I had to get up and re-swaddle him at 10 pm and put his paci back in his mouth.  I let him cry it out  for 15 min, but he was absolutely screaming.  As soon as I re-swaddled him and put the paci in his mouth, he was asleep within 5 min.  At 11, 12, and 2 he was able to put himself back to sleep (he still woke me up, though).  At 4 I had to change his diaper.  He was sleeping through the night for a good month, but for the past 2 wks, he has gotten up at least once a night.  It's awful!  I miss my sleep.  I have been doing b@bywise.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  He is easy to go back to sleep and doesn't need fed, but I don't know why he is waking up in the first place.  I started putting bigger diapers on him at night to see if that would help - so far it hasn't.  It gets better, right? 

1 comment:

  1. It DOES get better, Ashley! I don't really have advice--I wish there was an easy solution, but every child is a little different, so who knows? When Noel was a baby we bought one of those little turtle aquariums that played music and lit up. It hangs on the side of the crib. I remember crawling in there and turning it on. It seemed to calm him down. Maybe he wants to sleep not swaddled anymore. Maybe he wants to sleep on his stomach now. Maybe he keeps losing his pacifier. Maybe he's just becoming more alert and figuring things out. It's all kind of trial and error.
    I really liked Babywise, but the book "The Baby Whisperer" was the one I followed. I remember it was an answer to prayer--I found it at the library one night when I was so sleep deprived I thought I would fall over. It has some really good tips on how to get them to fall asleep on their own.
    Sorry :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! Many Blessings!