Saturday, August 11, 2012

Friday and Saturday

Last night we grilled and sat out on our deck for a while. The weather was  amazing!  We love grilling and sitting out on our deck.  We grill several times per week and sit out there daily, but last night we were out there for quite a while. 
Hudson is a little wild man when he's out there
This is our makeshift barrier to keep him from going over
 Today we decided to go to the farmer's market in Lexington.  It has been an another absolute gorgeous day!  I think everyone else had that idea, too.  It was busy!  
Doesn't Hudson look excited to be going to the market?
Shoes!  My mom bought Hudson a pair of Stride Rite shoes, so I thought we'd try them out today.  He looked so cute in them.  Although, we turned around and looked at him when we were in the van and he was sucking on his shoes -good thing he doesn't walk, that could have been gross
 After we left the farmer's market, we walked down to Triangle Park and walked around the fountain-it's just so pretty.  We saw an Indian wedding - the colors were beautiful, so bright and vibrant. 
I can't believe more people weren't there
I love all the pretty flowers everywhere

When we got home Brian decided to mow.  He always weed eats first and unfortunately he hit a rock and it broke our screen door.  I was out on our back deck with Hudson and heard what sounded like a gun shot.  Brian came in through the garage and told me what happened. 
What a mess!  It took a really long time to get it cleaned up.  --I guess some good news is that it didn't hit any of the windows on our house, that would probably be a lot more expensive to replace

4 comments:

  1. Oh no! That's too bad about the door. My brother has done that twice. Ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Farmers Markets are so neat. Noticed Hudson had a light jacket on. is it cooling down already? Aren't those called storm doors? I wanted one when we lived in Dallas but we never got one. Definitely want one when we buy a house. Too bad about what happened. Maybe you should wait for Labor Day to buy a new storm door just in case they have a good sale going on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I think it is called a storm door - for some reason, I always say screen door.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grace- I forgot to answer your other question. We had a cooler weekend 75-80 and the night was even down into the low 60's. It was awesome, but it's not staying that way.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! Many Blessings!