Monday, January 28, 2013

Gettin' Healthy

Hudson is now 14 months old and it's about time that I get back to working out and getting healthy.  I have been working out 6 days/week for the past month.  I have been using the My Fitness Pal app on my phone to track my calories and activity.  Unfortunately, my body is really SLOW at changing, so I haven't seen much progress, yet.  I'm only down 4 pounds.  It's definitely frustrating knowing I am cutting a lot of calories out (eating really healthy) and working out a lot and not seeing results, but I know I have to give it more time.  It would be nice to have looser clothes, even if I'm not losing much weight, but that just hasn't happened.  Why wasn't  I blessed with a fast metabolism?!  I'm linking up with Cherish at Southern Soul Mates  for some accountability.  

My work-out regimen:  Run on the treadmill 25-30 minutes 6 days/week.  I vary my speed from 4.8 mph to 6 mph.  I also have my treadmill set at a 4 % incline.  Then, 3 days/week I add light weights.

 I want to be healthy and toned for myself, my husband, and my baby.  I know summer is a long ways off, but my goal is to be fit and toned by then.  

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for linking up, Ashley, and thank you for sharing!! I am so proud of you for being do dedicated and diligent to your workouts despite not having the results you would like. How is your diet? I'm going to be posting on this topic on Thursday's link up, so maybe it will help you! Keep up the great work!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right there with you, Ashley! I am using My Fitness Pal as well. I think 4 lbs in one month is really good! You really shouldn't lose more than 1-2 lbs in a week's time (unless you're on the biggest loser! Ha!) Keep up the great work! I got bored/unmotivated with running every day, so we bought some workoit Dvds to switch things up, and it has really helped.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am right there with you! I was told when I had those sessions that doing the treadmill daily will help you in the beginning but you will plateau quickly. Is there any way you could do more weights and use the treadmill to warm up? I always find myself wanting to hop onto the treadmill or elipticak when I go to the gym. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the encouragement, ladies! You're all too sweet! I love the blogging world - such a great network of women.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's great Ashley! I'm sure you'll get to your goal. Just limit breads, pastas and sweets, and sugary drinks :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! Many Blessings!