Monday, July 5, 2010

465 People Challenge

Brian and I have decided to start what we are calling our "465 People Challenge."  Our goal is to love 465 people by the end of the year.  We are trying to step out of our comfort zone and serve God's people.  Our mission is to Love God, Love People. Galatians 5:6 "The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love."  God did not call us to live by fear, God called us to live by faith.  Our goal is to continue the "IT series" we had at church last August.  We can't wait to see how God uses us and what He does for His people.  I hope Southland doesn't mind that I copied the picture below.

We started our challenge yesterday.  We bought 24 water bottles and distributed them to 20 people.  Four of the people were very sweaty, so we gave them an extra bottle.  I met a man named Kenny and he wanted to know where the water came from and I told him that Brian and I bought them for everyone.  Then he asked, "Why?" I told that we knew it was hot outside and wanted to let everyone know we were thinking about them.  And then he commented that he liked my cross necklace.  He was very appreciative even though it was only water, but I think he was more appreciative that someone was actually thinking about him.  I wish I had more time I could have spent with him, but hopefully we planted some seeds.  Loved 20 people yesterday.  445 to go.

  

Saturday night Brian and I went to dinner at Malone's.  Yum!  He got the most amazing meal:  Penne 
pasta in alfredo sauce topped with blackened filet.  This picture does not do it 
justice.  I'm going to try and re-create it sometime.

Greg & Rebecca had a 4th of July hog roast on Sunday.
Also, Yummy! 
 
We have had an awesome weekend!  Friday night we went downtown with Matth, Sarah, and Hannah and sat at Gratz park and watched the Lexington philharmonic perform patriotic songs.  So cool!  Saturday night we went out to dinner at Malone's and then watched fireworks with Todd and Krisitin.  Then the cookout out Sunday.  Great time!  -Happy 4th of July!  I love the 4th, it's my second favorite holiday behind Christmas.  I'm thankful for our amazing country.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message! Many Blessings!