Sunday, August 15, 2010

Cheryl/Share-Bear

I really think I smiled when I first met Cheryl back in 2004.  She is so full of life and energy.  I also believe that Jesus smiles when he thinks about her.  I believe one of her spiritual gifts is exhortation.  She's such a joy to be around, you can't really stay down when you're around her, she is so quick to offer encouragement and always maintains a positive attitude.  I love her excitement and passion for everything, when she sets a goal, she accomplishes it - from getting me to run the mini-marathon with her, to starting and finishing grad school while working full-time.  We first got to know each other on a ski trip back in January 2004.  I loved that trip!  I have already posted this picture, but it brings back so many amazing memories from that day. 
Sheri, Me, Kara, and Cheryl
 

The next picture is our camping trip, also so...much fun.  Summer 2004?? Brown County??  It's sad that I can't quite remember the year or where we camped, but we had a blast, thunderstorm and all.
Kara, Me, Chelsea, Cheryl, Julie and Leah


I never really wanted sisters until I watched Cheryl with her sisters.  
Cami, Cheryl, and Cara- Such wonderful women!



Cheryl, Laura, and Heather and Tony and Julie's wedding 10/2007
 

At Texas Roadhouse

Cara, Lexi (her niece), and Cheryl
 
One of my favorite memories was her birthday weekend in Chicago.  I wish I had some pictures to post.  We had such a great time -eating pizza at Giordano's and ice-skating at Millenium Park.

I'm thankful she was one of my bridesmaids.  I had the best day ever!  I felt so loved.  
Kara, Molly, Me, Julie, Cheryl, and Sheri (and Drew-she doesn't look the slightest bit pregnant)

Cheryl is an amazing servant, she has so much compassion for those less fortunate.  A few years ago she went on a mission trip to Muldova and I'm sure she was a blessing to everyone she came in contact with.  I know Julie was very thankful she was on the trip with her.  She also loves the Pine Valley kids in Kokomo and has planned several vacation bible schools for the kids.    
Cheryl, you are a lovely, dear friend!!!  

 1 Jon 3:1  "How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!"

2 comments:

  1. YES! I'm FOREVER grateful Cheryl was with me in Moldova. I honestly wouldn't be here today if she hadn't saved my life. In fact, just yesterday I was reading through the journal I kept while in Moldova. I don't even remember writing some of it, let alone remember how much Cheryl cared for me. Apparently she would clean up my face, give me a piece of mint gum, tuck me back in bed, put on my headphones so I could listen to Christmas music, etc. after EVERY TIME I threw up (and trust me, that was A LOT). Cheryl is a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...I love you guys:) Ashley - you are such an encourager...I miss you!! So thankful for your friendship and the wonderful memories! Good to be reminded of those:)
    Julie - you're funny...you always make it sound like I was wonderwoman - I just prayed and felt helpless (and cried in front of strangers -haha). God was watching over you girl;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! Many Blessings!