Monday, August 23, 2010

Crazy Love


The Awe Factor of God -Francis Chan
My bible study has been reading Crazy Love by Francis Chan and I admit that I love this book!  It's an easy read, but also so...compelling.  Brian and I started our 465 People Challenge last month and have been trying to love people, so this book fits in perfectly.  Some of the points I have gotten from this book are:  Jesus wants us to love others so much that we go to extremes to help them;  we have to intentionally and consistently remind ourselves of Jesus and His love; some people waste their lives;  lukewarm Christians rarely share their faith with their neighbors, friends or coworkers;  Jesus wants all of me or none of me;  nothing should concern us more than our relationship with God;  people who are consumed with Jesus live lives that connect them to the poor in some way;  and what did I do with what God gave me.   I don't want to live a wasted life. 

' "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind."  This is the first and greatest commandment, And the second is like it: "Love your neighbor as yourself." '   Matthew 22:37-40

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message! Many Blessings!