Thursday, August 5, 2010

Goals

The next 9 months are a big deal to me.  Next May I will no longer be in my twenties, which excites and terrifies me at the same time.  I have finally started feeling like an adult and something about turning 30 really solidifies that feeling.  With 30 in mind, I have set some goals and want to make this year as great as possible.

Goals:
1.  Fall more in love with Jesus.
2.  Become more like Jesus.  Become more loving, joyful, peaceful, patient, kind, good, faithful, gentle and develop self-control
3.  Love as many people as possible.
4.  Serve more people like Jesus.
5.  Fall more in love with Brian.
6.  Spend more time with my family.
7.  Strengthen all of my friendships.
8.  Serve more at church.
9.  Read my bible more.
10.  Take time to slow down and enjoy everything.
11.  Travel as much as possible.
12.  Take more pictures.
13.  Develop better photography skills.
14. Watch less television.
15.  Exercise more.
16.  Be generous with giving.
17.  Develop a better prayer life.
18.  Take in more sunsets and sunrises.
19.  Help Brian build our deck.
20.  Finish our house
21.  Co-lead a day at Sunday School- way out of my comfort zone
22.  Bake Brian more cakes--I love cooking, but not baking.  And of course he loves Cake!
23.  Learn to take 1 day at a time.
24.   Learn more about Kentucky
25.  Explore Kentucky more.
26.  Talk Brian into a boat.
27.  Come up with a way to keep the deer away from my plants!
28.  Learn to golf better/invest in some lessons.
29.  Eat more fruits and vegetables.
30.  ____ _ ____ ---My secret goal.

I realize a lot of these cannot be achieved in year, and are actually lifelong goals.  But I also know that it's going to be a fun time working on all of them.  

Proverbs 3:5 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message! Many Blessings!