Sunday, October 10, 2010

Great Weekend!

Our good friends Rita and Phil came down for the weekend to visit with us and check the The WEG (World Equestrian Games).  Friday we spent a few hours at the Horse Park and then watched Horse Jumping.  The weather was perfect.  The horses were amazing, they are so pretty and gigantic.  I'm so glad we got to check out an event.  We loved having them down for the weekend and taking them around Lexington.  There just wasn't enough time.  They're such dear friends and mentors. 


This particular type of horse has interesting ears and blue eyes- they are native to India and there are only 12 of them are in the US and all are owned by the same woman

 Something about this photo makes me think of a cheesy movie where a guy rides in on two horses and rescues the damsel in distress from a burning building
 

I know - I broke one of my "clothing" rules- tennis shoes with capri pants on, but I knew I'd be doing a lot of walking, so I wanted good shoes. 
 

The horse behind us in this picture was so pretty - a silvery gray color, we couldn't stop staring at it.
 

What's with my left leg?
 

The arena was much larger than I anticipated
 
Jumping is really cool! - the horses are so graceful and make it look easy. 

Rita and Phil, Thanks for a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message! Many Blessings!