Saturday, October 2, 2010

Horse Mania

The 2010 World Equestrian Games (basically the olympics for horses, only happens every 4 years and has never been in the states before, has always been in Europe) have started in Lexington and the city is full of horses.  City officials have really worked hard to make the city more appealing to non-residents.  Yesterday Brian and I went downtown to check out all the fun.  Here are some pictures. 
Hundreds of these horses have been painted and placed throughout downtown.  After the games, the city plans on auctioning them off.  I love seeing them.  I wish they would keep them.

My favorite area of downtown - Triangle Park

This is Thoroughbred Park
Here are a couple more pictures from around Lexington - just so pretty!

We love Lexington!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message! Many Blessings!