Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Happy 1 Month

Dear Beckett ~

Happy 1 month!  Honestly, I can't believe it's been a month already.  It's been really fast for the most part.  You really are a sweet, lovable, cuddly little guy.  The first two weeks after you born, I think I was running on adrenaline and felt really good, but these last two weeks, I feel like I've hit a wall and have been completely exhausted.  We survived our first week at home without any help and actually did well.  I was really worried about Hudson potty training, coordinating both of your nap times, and feeding both of you, but thankfully, everything worked out pretty well.  

Sleep:  You've had several nights where you've gone 5 hours in between feedings, but you mainly go 4-4.5 hours at night and then eat every 2-3 hours during the day.  We're so ready for you to stretch out your night feedings.  I've had to switch over to pumping because you didn't gain enough weight initially, it's difficult to coordinate feeding you, then pumping, but it's so worth it to give you the best start possible.  You really love laying on our chests and we usually accommodate for at least 1 of your naps.  It's sweet, precious time.  
This is the same bear I posed Hudson with.

You have really pretty navy blue eyes, I hope they stay that color.  Your hair is brown, but in certain lights has an auburn look to it.  You have your Daddy's eyebrow furrow.  I'm not really sure who I think you look like, yet.  You love being held and are so content as long as we're carrying you around.  I got a Moby carrier and hope to start using it in the next couple days, I think I'll be able to get more accomplished.

I had just given you a bath before I took these pictures and rubbed Aquafor all over you to help your dry skin.  I couldn't see how greasy it made you look until I downloaded all the pictures - oh, well.

I think you're about 9.5 pounds by now, you're really filling out.  You're still wearing newborn diapers, a few newborn clothes, but mostly 0-3 month clothes.  You have your Daddy's long skinny legs and I think you're going to have more of his laid back personality.  You like watching and taking everything in.  We've only seen a handful of gas smiles.
Your big brother absolutely loves and adores you.  He is constantly giving you hugs and kisses.

This is what most of our evenings look like - exhausted, but somewhat peaceful.

We love you so much and can't wait to see more of your personality come through.  We're excited to see what God has planned for you and pray for you daily.  You're such a sweet, little blessing!

Love,
Mommy and Daddy

Just for comparison:
Hudson at 1 month
Beckett at 1 month -- Beckett is definitely bigger, Hudson has longer hair.  I really didn't think they looked anything alike until just now, I see a little resemblance.  I tried getting the pictures side by side, but I couldn't make that work
Newborn Pictures:
Hudson
Beckett --Sadly, I haven't taken nearly many pictures of Beckett.  I intend to change that starting now.  Also, I never ordered the iron-ons for his onesies.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message! Many Blessings!