Wow! I'm shocked and so appreciative! My newest blogger friend Jenny nominated me for the Liebster Award! Check out her post here and show her some love!
Jenny - Thank you!
This award is given to new or up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers...the award is then passed along to other bloggers in the same category to help spread the word and support one another.
If you receive the award, there are a few rules to follow...
1) Each blogger nominated must post 11 things about themselves
2) Then answer the 11 questions the tagger has asked
3)Blogger must then create 11 questions of their own to ask the bloggers they decide to nominate
4) They must choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers to nominate and link them on their blog post
5)Bloggers must be notified of their award!
6) No tag backs!
Random Facts About Me:1. I'm a germ-a-phobe!! Most people assume that since I'm a nurse that I'm okay with germs, but I'm really not, plus I worked in a healthier area of nursing. I Clorox and Lysol my house all the time.
2. I would love to be on The Amazing Race. I love travelling and think it would be a really cool way to see the world. I have tried to get my husband to do an audition tape, but he's not really interested. He enjoys the show, but says that if we were to get on the show, he'd probably have to quit his job or take a leave of absence and he's not really interested in that.
3. I wish I could sing or dance really well. I really enjoy listening to the singers at our church, they have beautiful voices. I also wish I could go on Dancing With The Stars as a viewer and dance like Melissa Rycroft.
4. I love the color pink! It has always been my favorite color and always will be.
5. I love cooking! I have several go to meals that I have perfected (at least, I think I have perfected). I also like trying new meals and I really enjoy serving people meals that I have made.
6. I get great enjoyment out of creating lists and then being able to mark things off the list. My husband has shown me some type of app on my phone to use, but I still prefer pen and paper - delete does not make me as happy.
7. I love the holidays -especially Christmas and the 4th of July! I love decorating for Christmas.
8. I love all things monogrammed or embroidered! I want an embroidery machine, but they're expensive and I don't know how to sew.
9. I really enjoy watching the show 19 Kids and Counting. Michelle gives me some hope that I could have a few more kids and still be mentally sane.
10. I love the beach! I could layout all day or walk on the beach all day. I love listening to the ocean.
11. I love anyone who has a Southern or Australian accent! I could sit and listen to them talk for hours.
Questions from Jennifer:
1) Would you rather be hot or cold? I would much rather be too hot than too cold. I feel miserable when I'm cold. I really love the heat.
2) What's your favorite beverage? Sounds lame, but water. I drink a ton of water everyday and it's the only thing that quenches my thirst. Plus, I have a serious addiction to ice. I usually carry ice water around with me all day and I munch on ice all day. It's killing my enamel, but I just can't stop.
3) Would you rather have a manicure or a massage? MASSAGE! I LOVE massages! Before I was married, I used to treat myself to a massage almost weekly.
4) Favorite tv show? I really like Burn Notice and Castle.
5) What's a book that you consider a must read? Oh, there are so...many! But if I had to choose one it would be Crazy Love by Francis Chan - it really stuck with me and challenged me.
6) Favorite NFL Football team and player? My husband and I, my family, and my husband's family all love the COLTS! I have a few favorite players - Peyton Manning (we named our dog after him), Drew Brees (my husband and him were at Purdue at the same time), and Tim Tebow (my fantasy football team name is Somewhere Over the Tebow).
7) If you could have any job in the world, what would it be? I have always wanted to work for the travel channel and be the person that gets to rate hotels and cruises or host a show about travelling.
8) Favorite holiday and why? Christmas! I love celebrating Christ's birth - what a miracle. I also love the traditions, lights, songs, decorations, food, and spending time with family.
9) Favorite season? Summer! I love the heat, I love the long days, I love laying out, I love the 4th and fireworks, I love cookouts, swimming, flowers,...
10) If you could relocate to any state, where would you move to? I love North Carolina! It has the beach, mountains, and warmer weather.
11) Favorite blog you follow? I have so many favorites, but Jenny from Beyond Our Wildest Dreams was my first blogging friend. Plus, I emailed her when we were trying to decide on a baby name and asked her if she minded if we stole her son Hudson's name. She was really sweet and supportive and encouraged me to take it.
Questions for my nominees:
1. Do you prefer hand written notes, emails, or texts?
2. One beauty product you couldn't live without?
3. Favorite date night idea?
4. What is your favorite restaurant?
5. What are you most looking forward to in 2013?
6. Are you a spender or a saver?
7. What is your favorite vacation spot?
8. Where is a place you'd like to travel?
9. Do you want more children? If so, how many?
10. What is a book you consider a must read?
11. What is your favorite NFL team? Favorite college team? Favorite player?
And Now For My Fellow Nominees: