Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanks Part 2~ Surgery update

Thanks to all my wonderful friends and family for praying for me.  I wasn't really scared of the surgery, but I was worried about getting anesthesia and not waking back up or waking up with a hysterectomy.  But thankfully I really did not have too much anxiety.   ~Praise the Lord! I definitely felt God's transcending peace.  I got about 5 1/2 hours of sleep the night before, and it would have been more, but I had to get up at 4:45 am.  My surgery went well and we got home about 12:30 yesterday.  My doctor was able to get most of the fibroid out, he knew he wouldn't be able to get it all, but he was really happy with how much he was able to remove. I also had severe cervical stenosis (narrowing of the cervix), which is probably 1/2 of my fertility issue, and thankfully he was able to dilate my cervix to a more normal measurement.  He then discovered I have endometriosis (often a  painful disorder in which tissue that normally lines the inside of your uterus- the endometrium- grows outside your uterus ~mayo clinic cite), which is probably the other 1/3 to 1/2 of my fertility issue.  Thankfully he was able to burn it off.   Unfortunately, all 3 have the possibility of coming back, but I'm not going to worry about that now.  And the last thing he found was that my fallopian tubes were blocked.  He could not flush them, but he think it was from all the swelling.  The surgeon is hopeful they will return to normal size and plans to re-check in a few weeks.  I'm really glad I had the surgery and my surgeon was able to help me out.  Another praise is -My parents are on their way down here and are spending the next two days with us.  I'm so thankful they're coming and saving me from riding in the car for 4 hours.  We had planned on going up yesterday and I thought I would just sleep in the car, but I couldn't even sleep from the hospital to our house (I have never been able to sleep in the car, but thought with all the meds that I would have been able to) and I felt pretty exhausted, so we decided it was better to stay home and let me rest.  That really was the best decision, I had a pattern of sleeping hard for an hour and then would get up for an hour and then go back to bed for an hour.

I woke up at 4:45 this morning in a lot of pain, so I took some pills and am waiting for them to kick in.  Talk about sore!  Ouch!   I have been able to  lie on  my back and sides and lie with my head elevated  a little bit, but I can't sit normally.   So, if you could continue to pray, that would be great ~especially pray that  I can go back to work on Monday.

Here are the sweet flowers and card Brian bought me the day before my surgery.   
 
So...Thanks so much for all the prayers!!!!!  I have the sweetest, most dear friends! 

Also, a big Thanks to My Love ~ Brian.  He has been so loving, wonderful, kind, helpful, attentive and serving.
I love you all!

Philippians 1:3  "I thank my God every time I remember all of you"

2 comments:

  1. Continuing to pray for you, Beautiful Ashley Love! Glad to read your post this morning! I'm so thankful for our friendship! Love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope y'all had a very Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! Many Blessings!