Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Bad Momma Award Again and Payback

Caution - this post is not for the faint of heart.  Brian's parents were here for the weekend -Brian's mom had been here the previous week to help me out (another post).  So, Hudson and I had a great time at my Moms group on Thursday, but Friday night Hudson woke up about 9 pm and cried for a minute, but stopped.  I could see him on the monitor sitting and sucking on his pacifier.  I kept seeing him fall asleep while he was sitting up and he would jerk awake and fall back asleep - he did that for a long time before I finally saw him fall over.  In the middle of the night I checked the monitor again and he was once again sitting and asleep.  He wasn't crying.  I thought maybe this was a new position and didn't give it much thought.  Well, the next morning Brian's mom knocked on our door and told us Hudson had gotten sick in the middle of the night.  Poor thing - he had vomited on EVERYTHING!  No wonder he didn't want to lay back down- there wasn't any space to lay down.  What broke my heart even more and made me feel even more awful was what a good mood he was in and super sweet.  I stripped him down and I gave him a bath and Brian cleaned his bed.  He was actually fine the rest of the day, but had diarrhea a day later.  Turns out, another baby in Hudson's room got sick after Mom's group, also.  So I'm guessing one of the babies in Hudson's room was sick and passed it on.   
 Well, now for the payback (Can't say I blame Hudson for passing on the flu given the fact that we let him lay in his own vomit all night)

One of my fears about having a baby and being 250 miles away from our family came true, unfortunately.  Hudson passed the flu onto Brian and me at the same time.  And, oh, wow were we sick. (Sadly, Brian's parent's got sick, also)  Hudson is so...busy and wants to crawl everywhere and we just didn't have the strength to keep chasing after him and picking him up, so we made this awful looking pen.  Brian was more sick than me, so I probably played/watched Hudson 65-70% of the time. I grabbed my pillow and blanket and laid on the floor and prayed and prayed until nap time.  Anyone who knows me knows that I like a clean, organized house, but in this case, I didn't care. 
Just so you know - I have cleaned and disinfected my house.  I washed sheets, blankets, towels, clothes (8 loads) all in 1 day.  So I'm back to having a nice, orderly clean house. 

I really hope that Brian and I don't get sick at the same time anymore.  It was a rough 40 hours. 

3 comments:

  1. How awful but glad you are all better. This is why I haven't really been to church because I fear Riley will catch another babys germs and get sick from being in the nursery. I'm somewhat of a germ-a-phobic. I'm glad to be a SAHM and not have to worry about Riley going to daycare. My daughter was never in daycare. My middle child went to daycare for a year and in that year he got two ear infections (separate occasions) and pink eye, twice too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that is terrible! Don't feel like a terrible parent. Kids are resiliant. I forced Elise to eat her breakfast the other day, and she proceeded to throw it all up in the van about 30 minutes later! We all have these awful days. It's what makes us appreciate the good days even more.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! Many Blessings!