Saturday, September 8, 2012

Praying For Your Child

At my Mom's Group last week we were given several pages of prayers to pray over our child.  I pray for Hudson daily, but this will help me be more specific and help me to better pray scripture over Hudson.  I'll list a few. 

Lord, "Let the morning bring Hudson word of your unfailing love, for him to put his trust in you.  Show him the way he should go."  Amen   - Adapted from Psalm 143:8

Lord, "Therefore, as God's chosen children, holy and dearly loved, help Hudson clothe himself with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.  Lord, help him bear with others and forgive whatever grievances he has against others.  Help Hudson forgive as You forgave him.  And over all these virtues, help Hudson put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity."  Amen  - Adapted from Colossians 3:12=14

Lord, "I pray that Hudson will not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but will be transformed by the renewing of his mind.  I pray that Hudson will be able to test and approve what God's will is- Your good, pleasing, and perfect will."  Amen  - Adapted from Romans 12:2

Then we were also given 31 Days of Prayers for Children.  Each day has a different topic here are a few- faithfulness, mercy, wisdom, passion for the Lord, and courage.  

Last week Brian's mom came down here and stayed with us.  It was so nice having her here.  I actually worked a few days and she watched Hudson.  Hudson wore her out!! 

Then last Friday night, Brian's dad came down to spend the weekend.  They left early Sunday morning. 

Thanks, Mary!  We loved having you here and I know Hudson loved all the special attention he got. 


3 comments:

  1. great prayers. thanks for sharing.

    you know how you sometimes ask me questions on some of my posts? not sure if you go back and check to see if I've replied. just wanted to let you know that I do. I just didn't want you to think that I don't answer back because I check and respond to the ones that need replying to. just wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing your email. in case i happen to need some bible quotes, etc. also, do you have instagram? if you have an iPhone or android you can download the app, it's free and quite fun. i like it.
    hope you're having a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Grace! Yes, I do check back for answers, thanks for checking. I emailed you (got it from your blog) - the subject is: from ashley(blog buddy).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! Many Blessings!