Monday, July 30, 2012

Indiana Day 5, 6, & 7

Saturday was such a fun day.  My hometown had it's annual garage sales and we cleaned up, but what was even more fun was all the people.  I saw someone I knew at every sale we stopped at.  It was so great catching up with high school friends and neighbors.  My hometown only has about 2000 people, so everyone knows everyone.  I didn't realize how much I missed living in a close knit community.

Hudson fell asleep after we had been out for about 2 1/2 hours.  He also enjoyed seeing all the people

I'm a little embarrassed to admit that Brian and I haven't bought Hudson a single toy.  He has a lot from family and friends, but none from us.  I changed that yesterday - because we found such great deals. 
 I bought all of this for $21.50 - plus they all have batteries in them and still work (batteries may die tomorrow, but at least I know they all work)
My mom and I cleaned and re-cleaned everything before I let Hudson play with anything. 

In the evening we went to the First Baptist Church in my town (they were having a block party and offered free food)  and had a barbecue dinner- it was really good.  I also saw a lot of people I knew there and it was great catching up.  I love living in a bigger city with all the conveniences of everything, but I really miss the charm and kindness of a small town.  

Sunday we visited my Aunt Marian, Uncle Denny and cousin Craig and his family, and then visited our friends Dave and Beth.
My Dad took Hudson on his first bike ride.  We put Hudson in the helmet I found at a garage sale - it has pink straps.  Oh, well, it was $1.50.  He had a really good time.


Monday we met my Aunt Tammy for lunch and I ended up seeing several teachers I had in school and then a high school friend.  Hudson learned patty cake today and did it all day - so cute!
  Hudson was getting mad in this picture - he was ready to get in the pool, didn't want to wait to take his clothes off.

My Dad and Hudson


My Mom and Hudson
We've had a blast being here.  I can't believe how fast the time has gone.  It's going to be really sad leaving tomorrow and getting back to reality, but it'll be really good seeing Brian again.

1 comment:

  1. What great finds! I'm glad you had a lot of fun at your home away from home.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! Many Blessings!