Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Let Freedom Ring

Happy 4th of July! 

I tried doing a photo shoot with Hudson outside, but he was interested in everything but me. 
I wanted to show off his little outfit.  I love it- his Gram got it for him. 
Hudson loves waiving now
The best we could do of the 3 of us
We walked down to the lake in our neighborhood this morning because there was supposed to be a parade of boats, but there were only 7, so it wasn't as exciting as I thought it would be.  Also, due to the drought, our neighborhood has cancelled fireworks this year.  They usually do a really nice 45 minute display over the lake.   We grilled steaks for lunch and we are spending the rest of the day hanging out here.  The 4th is my second favorite holiday.  I love fireworks, cook-outs, swimming, and hanging out with friends, but unfortunately we only ended up cooking out this year.  Maybe next year will be better.  
Thank you to everyone who has served or is serving our great country. 
Happy Birthday, America!

2 comments:

  1. How cute! I love his little outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture of the three of you is a great one. That's too bad about not having fireworks. I also love Independence day and it would totally be a downer if fireworks got cancelled due to a drought. I'm sure next year will be a lot more fun for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! Many Blessings!