Friday, May 14, 2010

Friday - Salzburg

Augustiner Brau where we had dinner

Salzburg Nockerl - dessert


Fun little shopping area

Our hotel - it looks much better from the outside, but thankfully they have free wifi

At the top of the Salzburg Fortress


Views from the Fortress






At Mirabell Gardens - one of the places I was really looking forward to going to in Austria

The Sound of Music- recognize the tunnel? I refrained from skipping through the tunnel

Pansies with the Fortress in the background

I know I look ridiculous with capris and tennis shoes on, but it rained last night and early this morning and I didn't want to get my pants all wet.

I'm amazed that wisteria grows so well here, I thought it did better in a little warmer climate.


This was a really pretty hydrangea greenhouse. They were gigantic




One of the entrances to Mirabell Garden
Today has been great, even though it has been cloudy and cool. We took the funicular up to the Salzburg Fortress this morning, we couldn't see as far as we were hoping, but we still had a great time. The Fortress was began in the 11th century and each ruler over the decades/centuries kept adding on. It really is gigantic. We also walked all over the old town. I took 3 years of German in high school hoping someday I'd make it over here, only to now forget 90% of what I learned. I can only read/recognize 1 out of every 8-10 words, so I'm pretty useless. Guess I should have done this trip 10 years ago. We ate dinner tonight at Augustiner Brau. We have to admit that we are not big Austrian food fans. We both had bratwursts, which were good, but could not stomach all the onions and sauerkraut and horse-raddish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message! Many Blessings!