Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Spring has Sprung

this picture was taken 4-4-10 - everything had just begun to sprout, but now...


Bright pink Knock-out Roses

Light pink Knock-out Roses

A lot of the plants were already here when we bought our house, but Brian and I have added the 3 rose bushes, the plant with white petals on the left and daisies in the back (not in bloom, yet) - we still have a few more holes to fill, but we're really excited with how it's looking - the main reason we haven't completed it yet is that we are cheap and buy everything on clearance at the end of the season so there's usually very little left and few choices.  
 
We got back from vacation and all of our plants exploded. I am so happy and in shock. I can't believe how much everything grew. I love spring and summer!! I purposely waited to buy annuals since I knew we would be gone for about 2 weeks and didn't want them to die just in case it didn't rain. I would go out and buy some flowers today, but the weather is kind of yucky. But...the first day it is nice, I will be at the nursery. I have been paying extra attention to my plants this year, I am doing everything I can to keep the deer away, and trying to feed them appropriately. All of the plants we have planted are supposed to be deer-repellant but when they get hungry enough, they will eat anything. I used to love deer, but they've eaten too many of my plants for me to like them too much anymore.


"Show wisdom by your good life, by deeds done in humility that comes from wisdom. The wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial, and sincere. " James 3:13,17

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message! Many Blessings!